WALL, NJ, December 21, 2020 – Recognizing the ongoing strain the COVID-19 pandemic is placing on our communities, New Jersey Resources (NYSE: NJR) announced today it will support local restaurants with over $180,000 through its holiday gift to employees this season. As a thank you for their hard work throughout an unprecedented year, NJR will provide each of its nearly 1,200 employees a $150 Grubhub gift card, with the intent to support their favorite neighborhood eateries.
“The holidays are a time to come together to celebrate and give back in the spirit of the season. While we can’t do so in person this year, New Jersey Resources is making it a priority to show our appreciation and make a difference for others in our communities,” said Steve Westhoven, president and CEO of New Jersey Resources. “This year, we’re giving a special ‘thank you’ to our employees for all their hard work with a gift that will also provide a much-needed lift to our local restaurants, who are still struggling under the pressure of the pandemic.”
“Local restaurants and small businesses are not only the engines of our economy, they contribute to the unique character and identity of our communities,” said Marilou Halvorsen, president and CEO of the New Jersey Restaurant and Hospitality Association. “More than ever, these businesses – and the families whose jobs and livelihoods depend on them – need the help and support of both the public and private sectors. We’re thankful to New Jersey Resources for stepping up with this latest effort, and their generosity throughout the pandemic to help local restaurants survive.”
In April, NJR’s principal subsidiary, New Jersey Natural Gas (NJNG), provided $100,000 in funding to Fulfill, allowing the nonprofit serving Monmouth and Ocean Counties to extend its Restaurant Partnership Program benefitting distressed local businesses and food bank clients alike. Through this partnership, Fulfill paid a per-meal stipend to local restaurants to handle fresh meal preparation for in-need children, seniors, veteransand shut-ins during one of the most challenging times in history.
In addition, NJNG was among the founding sponsors of the Asbury Park Dinner Table, a grassroots initiative assisting Asbury Park restaurants and their employees in preparing free meals for residents. This local effort helps small businesses pay their employees – who in turn make nutritious meals for their neighbors in need.
About New Jersey Resources
New Jersey Resources (NYSE: NJR) is a Fortune 1000 company that, through its subsidiaries, provides safe and reliable natural gas and clean energy services, including transportation, distribution, asset management and home services. NJR is composed of five primary businesses:
- New Jersey Natural Gas, NJR’s principal subsidiary, operates and maintains over 7,500 miles of natural gas transportation and distribution infrastructure to serve over half a million customers in New Jersey’s Monmouth, Ocean, Morris, Middlesex and Burlington counties.
- Clean Energy Ventures invests in, owns and operates solar projects with a total capacity of more than 350 megawatts, providing residential and commercial customers with low-carbon solutions.
- Energy Services manages a diversified portfolio of natural gas transportation and storage assets and provides physical natural gas services and customized energy solutions to its customers across North America.
- Storage and Transportation serves customers from local distributors and producers to electric generators and wholesale marketers through its ownership of Leaf River Energy Center and the Adelphia Gateway Pipeline Project, as well as our 50 percent equity ownership in the Steckman Ridge natural gas storage facility, and our 20 percent equity interest in the PennEast Pipeline Project.
- Home Services provides service contracts as well as heating, central air conditioning, water heaters, standby generators, solar and other indoor and outdoor comfort products to residential homes throughout New Jersey.
NJR and its more than 1,100 employees are committed to helping customers save energy and money by promoting conservation and encouraging efficiency through Conserve to Preserve® and initiatives such as The SAVEGREEN Project® and The Sunlight Advantage®. For more information about NJR: www.njresources.com.
Follow us on Twitter @NJNaturalGas.
“Like” us on facebook.com/NewJerseyNaturalGas.
Download our free NJR investor relations app for iPad, iPhone and Android.